Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that helps minimize the signs of aging and improves the appearance of acne scars. The SkinPen® microneedling device works by creating a series of hundreds of microscopic channels via fine sterile needles, placed at different depths into the dermis to stimulate the skin’s natural production of new collagen and elastin. For best results, a series of treatments will be based upon your individual goal.
We offer microneedling with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). Microneedling with PRP uses the power of your blood’s platelets and growth factor serum to synergistically rejuvenate skin at an elevated level. Platelets have the ability to rev up collagen and elastin, promotes less downtime and quicker, superior results. This procedure takes approximately 1 hour for your aesthetician to complete.
SkinPen® microneedling treats
What to expect
- A topical anesthetic is applied prior to treatment. If using PRP, your blood will be drawn prior to procedure as well.
- You may not wear makeup for 3 days post procedure.
- You should expect redness, swelling, tenderness, and sometimes pinpoint bleeding in the treatment area. You may also experience a mild sunburn sensation, dryness, and scaling.
- Minimal downtime for 2-3 days. Skin will continue to progress over the course of several weeks.
- History of chronic skin conditions
- History of uncontrolled diabetes
- History of keloids
- Open wounds or active acne in the treatment area
- Uncontrolled rosacea
- Vascular clotting diseases